How To Use Dixie Belle Clear Coat & Gator Hide
Dixie Belle Clear Coat is water resistant and can be cleaned using a non abrasive cleaner after only 7 days!
- Allow your last coat of paint to dry (depending on the weather/humidity) about an hour
- Simply brush a very thin, even layer of clear coat
- For an extra layer of protection, simply add another coat of our clear coat in an hour. (You don't have to wax Dixie Belle)
- Allow your finished piece to completely dry.
- Simply brush on a very thin layer of Gator Hide or use Blue Sponge Applicator. Let it dry and then apply another very thin layer. Let it dry and apply one more very thin layer. It will take 3 very thin layers to get the water repellent finish.
- We like to use our DBP Synthetic Brushes with Gator Hide. It works really great!
- A 48- hour dry time is recommended.
- Great for tables, cabinets and counter tops!