Polyvine Metal Leaf Size - 100ml, 500ml, 1 litre
Polyvine Metal Leaf Size is an acrylic adhesive with an extended open time for bonding metal leaf and foils to a variety of surfaces.
- Plaster moulding
- Picture frames
- Woodubend mouldings
- Decorative features
- Easy to apply
- Water based
- Low odour
- Wash brushes and tools in water
15-20 sq m per litre, 150-200 sq ft per quart
- Prime time - the time metal leaf will still adhere to the wet size. This prime state will remain for up to 24 hours, allowing large projects to be handled with ease.
- Size will always remain tacky.
- Do not allow dust to accumulate of the adhesive surface.
A minimum of 24 hours with ventilation.
- Seal porous surfaces with a Polyvine varnish.
- Apply thinly using a good quality brush. It is important no brush marks are visible as these will show through the metal leaf.
- The size can be diluted with water to avoid brush marks.
- Leave for at least 15 minutes, the film will clear and remain tacky.
- The surface will then be in a prime state ready to receive the leaf.
- This prime state will remain indefinitely. It is important to completely cover all the size with metal leaf.
- No size should remain uncovered.