MECHANICA Decor Mould Re-Design with Prima 8" x 5"
Explore the many possibilities of transforming your home with our Decor Transfers.
Breathe new life into your furniture, walls and more with our reusable Redesign Decor Moulds.
These reusable, heat resistant silicone moulds offer flexibility and endless creativity to create uniquely detailed pieces that will take you decor projects to the next level.
A multi-media mould with the ability to handle paper clay, ceramic clay, resin, candy/chocolate and so much more!
Oven, microwave, refrigerator and freezer safe.
Food safe and heat resistant..
Mould Mediums : - Amazing White Casting Resin, Prima Modeling Material
How To Use Your Mould:
- There are a number of different mediums you can use to fill your mould - the one you choose will dictate how you do this, for instance resins are poured in, whilst clay mediums are pushed in manually. Follow the instructions on the particular product you’re using.
- Some things to bear in mind are to pay attention to the detailing in your mould - when using clay, start filling the mould with little pieces first, making sure that you’ve pushed it down into the smallest and most detailed areas of the mould. Using a large chunk and just pressing it in may well end up in some of the detailing not being filled and a less than perfect impression when you remove your casting.
- Once filled, tidy up edges using a knife or similar blade tool. You’ll need a completely flat surface so that your mould will adhere completely to your project without gaps.
- Take care when removing your cast from the mould - some designs are fragile with fine details. Remember your mould is flexible so manipulate the mould to release the cast rather than digging it out. Work from the outside of your mould towards the centre.
- If you will be using your moulded piece on a curved area of your furniture piece, ensure you select a medium that can be heated up and bent to shape - resin is excellent.